Back to Around the Waterfront
Faubourg section of Collioure showing the 13th century stone Dominicain Convent
at the end of the beach (now the local wine co-operative), the restored 14th century
windmill on the hilll (now used by locals to grind olives) and the 16th century
Fort St Elme on the hill, once an important strategic fort (now privately owned)
and built by Spanish King Charles 5th in 1552.