View Cottage ..
a spectacular, unspoilt
fishing village dating back to the Middle Ages.
- 50+ cafes, restaurants and wine cellars spilling out onto narrow laneways, cobbled streets and along the waterfront promenade.
- the birthplace of Fauvism in 1905. Derain, Matisse, Dufy and Picasso all lived in
various Collioure village houses.
- where Patrick O'Brian, reclusive author, lived for more than 50 years, and where he wrote his most popular novels, including 'Master and Commander'.
Pyrénées meet the Mediterranean, and the sun shines 320 days of the year -
the jewel of Languedoc
- a heady mix of French and Catalan,
just 20 minutes from the Spanish border.
- the Catalan influence is everywhere - in the food, language, sardane dances
- traditional French food and festivals are an integral part of village life for Collioure's 2900 inhabitants.
swimming beaches which are all close to our holiday rental properties.
- explore the Fauvism or Rennie Mackintosh Art Trails, either self-guided or on a tour, while in Collioure.